- This event has passed.
Cook Children’s REACH PPP Training Opportunity
July 25, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are offering this training on a first come, first served basis to a limited number of CCHP network providers. If you are interested in participating, please contact Abigail Flores, Behavioral Health Director, Abigail.Flores@cookchildrens.org by COB of July 25th.
CCHP will be jointly sponsoring with Cook Children’s Health Care System a nationally recognized pediatric mental health training for primary care providers called REACH PPP this fall. The training helps pediatric primary care practitioners learn how to assess, diagnose, treat, and monitor response for common mental health conditions. We know how critical the shortage of pediatric and adolescent mental health providers is in Texas and are hoping to support expanded access to care through this effort. The training will be a virtual, interactive training, offered to a limited number of CCHP network providers at no cost. You will be participating in training with both Cook Children’s employed pediatricians as well as other CCHP network primary care providers.
The REACH PPP Training is delivered by nationally renowned Child Psychiatrists known for their groundbreaking contributions to NIH-funded pediatric medication trials, screening tools development and treatment protocols. The training method is well established and involves the following:
1) 3 days of virtual, interactive training on September 30 – October 2: Friday 1/2 day, Saturday full day, Sunday nearly full day. You must commit to the full three days to participate
2) Virtual expert-led small group case discussion twice per month: Mid-October 2022 through April 2023
3) Training will include information on diagnosis, management, screening, and billing and coding
4) Printed program materials including protocols and medication guides
5) CME for all sessions attended
6) On-line pre-/post evaluations